|'Exclamation' by Ian Boyd on Flickr|
The major excitement was the launch of booking for the second Cambridge Librarian Teachment being held on 29 March 2011.This kept me busy throughout the day, doing such things as:
- Checking the drafts of the event page and blog post, updating all their links, and publishing them.
- Setting up POP access in Gmail to the camlibtm email address (info at camlibtm dot info if you want to get in touch).
- Emailing my designated email list to advertise the event and tweeting cheerfully about it.
- Watching the bookings roll in. At the time of writing we're pretty much full, but we're working on getting the waiting list working properly, so do sign up to that.
- Having been issued with the official Science Festival logo for this year I managed to track down the high-res versions of the College's quincentenary logo.
- With the logos in hand, I spent a very long time trying to incorporate them into the flyer design that I'd already drafted out.
- Once settled on a design I added a bleed area to the edge of the flyer, resized it down to A5 and printed it to pdf, ready to...
- ...place an order for professionally printed flyers.
All sorts of other things happened throughout the day, too:
- A blown fuse in the Old Library.
- A request for a short school visit on Thursday as part of a languages day organised by the people in College who work trying to widen access to the College and to university in general. (I've written a bit before about access visits.)
- Lots and lots of email.