|Wot? Not that sort of Docs?|
- Sharing documents between people and locations
- Online storage/backup
- Pretty easy to use - helpful similarity of icons and menus to Other Leading Word Processing Software
- All the sharers need to have Google accounts, and not everyone wishes to hand over all aspects of their life to the Evil Empire.
- Security/copyright issues and worries surrounding Cloud Computing .
- To share with people you need to know what email account they use for their Google account. (We've been sharing camlibtm documents via Google docs, and discovering that the email addresses we use for preference for correspondence are not those that we use for our Google logins.) But once they're in your contacts, they're there, so that's only really a one-time problem.
- Not as many features available as in some Other Leading Word Processing Software
Useful but not life changing.
Handy for staff on multiple sites.